Warning: Italy will ruin your life. You will go and fall in love with it and never want to return home. I'm currently dealing with post-study abroad blues and wondering how anything will ever compare to my time in Florence, so thanks Italy for ruining me.
1. You'll never look at pasta the same because you've already had the best
2. Papa John's, Domino's, and any other pizza place just won't cut it anymore
3. Shopping at your local grocery market just doesn't compare to the Mercato Centrale
4. No more eating your weight in gelato
5. No more strolling down Ponte Vecchio
6. Want to spend a day hiking through Cinque Terre? Nope. Can't do that.
7. Want to spend a dreamy day in Venice cruising down the canal in a gondola while sipping on an aperol spritz? Forget about it.
8. People who live in Rome get to walk past the colosseum on a daily basis...THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW GOOD THEY HAVE IT.
9. But worst of all, no more sitting on the steps of Piazzale Michelangelo watching the sun go down...
10. ...and watching all of Florence come alive at night
So don't go to Italy, it'll only ruin your life...
*Originally published on Violets for Vivien